I got tagged! Chrispy got me on Tuesday for the "Seven Random Facts" meme, and I am thrilled to comply especially as I have no other knitblog content right now. The rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My Seven Random Facts:
1. I was born and raised in the agricultural center of California, and my family has run the same farming operation for four generations. Their biggest crop is melons and those melons are distributed far and wide. If you live in the US, Japan, or some parts of Canada and have ever eaten a melon, it is very likely that my family had a hand in growing it or getting it to you.
2. My name (Hilary) is spelled with one L, but usually isn't (think Sen. Clinton). My husband's name (Neill) is spelled with two L's, but usually isn't. This amuses me to no end. A scientist at work pointed out our "net conservation of L's", and I'm pretty sure this is why we ended up together.
3. For about a year during grad school, I was a capoeirista.
4. In college, I thought I was ethnically Greek. My senior year, I was elected president of the Greek club, I sat on the executive board of a Greek political action group, and I traveled to Washington DC to help start a national Greek club for college students. In addition to being able to read/translate ancient Greek (which inspired the title of this blog), I can also speak modern Greek (poorly) and Greek dance (fluently). My group of friends was entirely Greek except for my best college friend, Karrah, who is half Korean/half English and also thought she was Greek.
5. When it comes to home cleanliness, clutter bothers me a LOT, but dust and mildew do not so much.
6. My husband is 100% the love of my life, but I've had a mad crush on Daniel Day-Lewis since I was about 13. My favorite character of his is Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York -- I'm a total sucker for a handlebar mustache. I have never EVER met anyone who even remotely agrees with me on this.
7. I can say the phrase "I want watermelon" in about 11 languages. I used to think this was a really cool party trick, but no one else did...
Now let's hear from...
1. Sophy (hehe, I tag you with everything)
2. Margo (non-knitblogland friends are ok, right?)
4. Skinny B
5. Canary Knits
6. Sheepish One
I'm only tagging six because I've seen quite a few responses to this meme and don't want to double-tag anyone. If I've tagged you and you already answered this or you don't want to divulge seven facts about yourself, I won't feel bad!