Finally, an actual knitted garment! After seeing several of these pop up on Ravelry throughout the spring, I just couldn't resist anymore and cast on for my own.
Pattern: Buttercup, by Heidi Kirrmaier
Yarn: Rowan RYC Silk Cotton, 5 skeins of color 687 ("Fresh")
Needles: US 6 circs and dpns
Start to Finish: May 25 - June 1, 2009 (boy am I behind on blogging!)
Mods: Because my yarn was a completely different gauge than what the pattern called for, I pretty much re-wrote the whole thing. I started with a proportional number of stitches, but recalculated the raglan increases, left out the back gathering, and started the feather and fan neckline a bit higher. I also worked the feather and fan without any rows of garter stitch because it looked a bit too bulky in my yarn (see chest shot above).
When I got to the body, I realized that I was running out of yarn pretty quickly (and knitting faster, though it seemed like a good idea at the time, did not in fact keep me from using it up any faster). So I only did 2 a-line increases, stopped when I ran out, and then blocked the heck out of the thing. It's still a little short, but worn over a camisole or other top I think it works ok.
This is such a pretty design! Heidi Kirrmaier, blogless (gasp!), has a great collection of patterns going on over at Ravelry and I adore her longer-sleeved Buttercup variation. Definitely one to watch! (P.S. You can read CanarySanctuary's profile of her here).