Two Saturdays ago, Neill and a friend were watching football, and I think all the boy-activity pushed me over the edge and I got it in my head that I had to make an apron right that second. Enter...ruffly apron:
Pattern: Simplicity 3752
Fabric: Two Amy Butler prints, and I'm not sure what the green is (actually, I am ashamed to admit that I had no idea fabrics had brands and designers like yarn until recently. Not sure where I thought they came from. Like marshmallow and mayonnaise, I think I thought it was a pre-existing entity that simply sprung into being.)
Start and finish: January 5, 2007
Modifications: I didn't use any piping. Instead, I sewed the same bias tape I used for the waist tie to the bottom hem and the top of the pocket for decoration and finishing. I'm very excited to have learned how to make my own bias tape. I used the tutorial at the Dread Pirate Rodgers Continuous Bias page and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
The only thing I don't like about this is the fit. Had I planned ahead a little better, I would have cut the fabric to better fit my measurements. The way it is, the apron doesn't wrap enough, so it kind of poofs out at the hips. But I do love having this girly apron to cook in!