Tuesday, January 29, 2008
YOU Make My Day!
I got home from a weekend trip on Sunday night, opened my inbox, and found that Julie at TeamKnit had graciously given me and this blog the You Make My Day Award! The purpose of this award: Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times. Words cannot express how much this meant to me! And boy did I need those warm fuzzy feelings during a particularly crappy work day yesterday!
Now it's time to pay it forward. Here are my own nominations for the award, in no particular order:
- Team Knit! - And not just because they gave the award to me. Is this even allowed? Whatever. These gals are fantastic, hilarious, and so sweet. Gorgeous knits and great fashion advice too!
- Knits, Notes, Etc. - Sophy took a chance on a random stranger last year when she struck up a conversation with me on the train...and now I have a very good friend. She's a great designer too -- her hats and cat sweaters are fabulous and I can't wait to see what else she comes up with!
- Barefoot Rooster - Beautiful scarves, gorgeous scenic photography, and the cutest dog ever -- what else can I say??
- Knitty Gritty Thoughts - Keri was the first person in blogland whom I'd never met before to post a comment on my blog. She made my day that day, and has continued to ever since with her beautiful projects and encouraging comments! Her lace is unbelievable.
- Knits and Pieces - Everything that comes off Jenna's needles is perfect!
- Half-Assed Knit Blog - Cyn takes knitting and designing to a hilariously cynical new level!
- Knitter Sue - This woman must have the best-dressed kids in Australia, all wrapped in her homemade sweaters. So cute!
- Sheepish One - I'm not much of a sock knitter, but her finished socks make me want to cast on immediately and start turning heels.
- Walsh World - Margo has not included knitting in her blog YET, but I know she will. She still makes my day with her stories about home.
- Ysolda - I want to make every single thing Ysolda has ever designed. Maybe twice. Plus, she shares delicious recipes and even sends out holiday cards!
What a special little community we knitters have in the world wide web. I am constantly amazed by everyone's talent and how people go out of their way to support others with a kind word or thoughtful gesture. It just adds a little sunshine, you know?
scriptum est ab Hilary die 1/29/2008